Monday, June 25, 2012

Tool # 8 Taking a Look at the Tools


(1) I will not be receiving an IPAd or IPod, I'm also not an art teacher so most of the new tolls will not be accessible to me. My students have had netbooks in the classroom for the last 2 years so I feel that I have a pretty good idea about guidelines regarding netbooks in the classroom.

(2) One of the first things I would sugget to instructors is set guidelines regarding media and social networking sites, if facebook, twitter, my space is not part of the lesson, make sure students understand that these sites are off limits during instructional time. If students are working in groups or collarborating, make sure they have specific instructions and responsibilities, for each student, if not, alot of time can be wasted doing redundant tasks.Last of all, have some consequences for students that continously go to social networking sites. Some students will spend all their and your time on these sites and you will constantly be redirecting them to stay on task, they need to understand that available technology is a privilege, not a right.

1 comment:

  1. Great job so far. You are almost finished. I hope you enjoy the new tools you are finding.

    ReplyDelete